Corporate Wellness

WHY CHOOSE WELLNESS?

Healthier employees mean:

  • fewer injuries and illness-related absences
  • lower stress levels
  • fewer claims on your health insurance plan

 

According to the Wellness Council of America, up to 40% of total healthcare costs today can be traced to physical inactivity and obesity. Add this to the 30% of total healthcare costs related to smoking, and as much as 70% of your total healthcare claims could be spent on preventable health problems.

Our practice is currently working with a variety of companies and organizations throughout Charlottesville to help promote wellness, employee safety, increase mobility in community members and reduce healthcare costs throughout the area. By taking a proactive approach to health and wellness we hope to also reduce employee absenteeism as well as offer a more affordable option of care for individuals who may need it. To do this, we are offering 3 onsite Lunch and Learns and 3D Spinal Health Screenings at NO CHARGE!

Our no charge lunch and learn presentations are approximately 30-40 minutes, fitting well into an employee meeting or lunch break, and are conducted on site for you. We currently offer the following topics:

“How To Stay Young the First 100 Years”

The average life span today is 77.6 years and studies reveal that 800,000 people will be living to be over 100 years old by the year 2050! Your staff will also learn:

  • Information on Common Health Problems and Their Solutions
  • Nutrition and Anti-aging Facts
  • Preventive Methods to Enhance Overall Health for Improved Function and Productivity
  • Tips to Increase Life Span
  • Important Facts about the Musculoskeletal and Nervous System

“Prevention, Posture, Workplace Ergonomics:
Tips for Improved Health”

  • Facts, Symptoms and Treatment of Carpal Tunnel
  • Workplace Ergonomics Tips and Guidelines
  • Suggested Proper Workstation Set Up
  • Correct Bending and Lifting Procedures
  • Preventive Methods to Enhance Overall Health and Daily Productivity
  • Important Facts about the Musculoskeletal and Nervous System

“Headaches: Bearing the Burden”

  • There is no such thing as a normal headache
  • 90-95% of our U.S. population have headaches
  • Everyone is affected by someone’s headaches
  • Stop focusing on the symptom- look for the causes of headaches