Chiropractic Care for Kids
What if You'd Had Chiropractic Care as a Child?
Surprisingly, the first stress placed on a child’s spinal column is during the birthing process. Equally surprising is the fact that 26% of children surveyed at school reported a history of back pain. But think about it—a child’s spine is frequently subjected to repeated forces in the process of learning to walk, as well as a multitude of childhood mishaps, play and sports related injuries, and postural strains.
Are Chiropractic Adjustments Safe for Children?
Because a child’s skeletal system is still developing, there’s a great deal of elasticity within the joints, so light pressure is usually all that is needed to adjust a child’s spine.
Some of the Symptoms We Treat in Children and Teenagers:
- “Text neck”*
- Ear infections
- Cold-like symptoms
- Colic (digestive issues)
- Low back pain
- Bladder issues
- Trouble sleeping and concentrating
Sports-Specific Symptoms We Treat:
- Repetitive injuries
- Concussion protocol
- Knee and shoulder pain
- Ankle instability
Make an Appointment for Your Child Today:
Scoliosis is an abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.
Typically scoliosis is misdiagnosed in school scoliosis screenings. If you are concerned that your child has scoliosis, look for these signs and have your child checked by a chiropractor for further diagnosis:
- Changes in posture and the symmetry and appearance of the back, shoulders, shoulder blades, or hips.
- Clothing might seem to hang unevenly, or you might notice the distance between one arm and the torso is greater than on the opposite side.
- The ribs or shoulder blade might stick out more on one side of the back than the other.
- If the arms are held rigidly by the side during gait.
- Impairments in lung function; pain in the neck, back, or legs; headaches; difficulty sleeping; and muscle tension.
“Scoliosis Symptoms | CLEAR Scoliosis Institute.” CLEAR Scoliosis Institute.