The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine is one of only twelve facilities in the United States who are using The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill! Learn more about the AlterG below, then come out and try it out at our clinic!
The Next Generation Of Anti-Gravity Technology
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill was developed with NASA technology for rehabilitation following an injury to the lower extremities, and for effective athletic conditioning and performance enhancement at partial body weight. It’s the first FDA-cleared therapeutic device created for precise partial weight bearing exercise ideal for:
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Gait training for neuro-patients
- Weight control and reduction
- Minimizing stress-related and recurring injuries
- Reduced impact training and athletic conditioning
- Strength and conditioning for older patients
Here’s how it works.
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill allows for ultra-low impact ambulation using innovative Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology. The user wears neoprene shorts that zip into a pressurized, airtight enclosure. By controlling the pressure inside the enclosure, the users can easily change and control their body weight, reducing it by as much as 80% in precise 1% increments with the touch of a finger.
- Weight adjustment: 100% to 20% weight bearing in 1% increments
- Speed adjustment: 0 mph to 12 mph
- Incline adjustment: 0% to 15%
Rehab and train without the pain
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill gives you the opportunity to rehab from surgery or train through injury with minimal pain. AlterG’s unique unweighting technology reduces the impact of walking or running while your body goes through the normal healing process.
- Precise unweighting allows you to walk or run between 20% and 100% of your body weight
- Lower the impact on your joints and muscles during exercise
- No need for water or harness
- Ideal for over-speed and interval training
Experience the AlterG for yourself and see why the world’s top medical, government, and performance centers rely on the Anti-Gravity Treadmill to defy gravity.
Anti-Gravity Treadmills are being used by leading medical and fitness facilities such as:
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- National Rehab Hospitals
- Steadman Hawkins
- UCSF Orthopedic Institute
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Life Care Centers of America
- U.S. Olympic Training Centers
Watch these I Love CVille video features to learn more about Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine and see the AlterG in action!